Found this great program to provide opportunities for urbanites to reconnect with nature and destress!
"Wilderness Spa – A Day-Long Retreat
Wilderness Spa is a one day retreat to help you relax and recharge in a wonderful, natural way. Taking place in Epping Forest, a short trip from central London, the day consists of a series of restorative activities helped along by the magic of Nature. The highlight of the day is time alone in nature – a practice of letting nature help you recharge your batteries. Hosted with care, knowledge and fun in equal measures, Wilderness Spa is sure to leave you delighted and inspired.
What to expect
- A beautiful restorative experience outdoors
- Activities to awaken the senses, relax and energise body and make time to stop while learning how nature helps us heal and recover from busy lives
- A wander into Epping Forest
- A silent walk exploring senses and arrival
- Awakening the body and energy with Qi Gong
- A talk about Nature’s surprising healing properties
- A total body relaxation
- Lunch in the outdoors
- A Solo experience – a ninety minute experience alone with nature
Who’s it for? Wilderness Spa is a great experience for people feeling a need to rest or recharge. With the busyness of everyday life, it’s easy to forget how amazing time outdoors is for us. More so, that we have forgotten the art of relaxation and of being in the moment. This experience is about reminding and practicing how to do all of this."
- A last session about keeping Wildness in everyday life finishing at 4:30pm
P.S. Check out my latest "urban wild" nature blog: Wild. Here. (2016 update)