Sunday, October 30, 2011
purple martin nesting (in Ottawa)
From Ottawa Start dot Blog: A photo snapped by Ben Wood, at the marina near Andrew Haydon Park in Nepean. It's home to a couple of purple martin hotels.
Every spring volunteers from the Innis Point Bird Observatory, tag all the nestlings and check on their health. They invite the public to come view this work and learn more about purple martins!
Other Urban Bird Posts:
- Barred Owl Visit to Parklette in Toronto (2014)
- Urban Bobolink in Ottawa (2012)
- The Pigeon Paradox (2012)
- Urban Chimney Swift Towers (2011)
- Purple Martin Nesting (2011)
- Roosting Crows in Ottawa (2011)