Wednesday, May 14, 2014
protecting trees during constrution
Great info from the University of Minnesota on protecting existing trees during construction that covers information such as:
- determining whether a tree can be saved
- how to make vertical cuts or lower the grade
- digging trenches around trees
- general rules for cutting roots (if it has to be done)
- filling or increasing current grades
- aeration and planting under a canopy
- tips for tree care before and after work
All of this information can be found in their Sustainable Urban Landscape Information Series.
Image from SULIS webpage.